Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis the Season to Repurpose


Although I usually think myself to be ahead of the curve, I have JUST THIS WEEK learned about the fabulously fun and dangerously addictive website Pinterest.  This site is basically just idea sharing by “pinning” thing on your online bulletin “board.”  All your pins are shared with your friends and theirs with you, and there are general public boards as well.  This website is full of ideas of ways to repurpose old items (turn an old t-shirt into a necklace/scarf, old tank top into a purse, etc). 

We recently switched my 4 year old’s convertible crib from toddler bed stage to it’s final purpose, a full-sized headboard.  This leaves us with sides and a metal frame that were shoved into the basement, likely to never be used again.  UNTIL…Pinterest to the rescue! 

I found this fabulous pin by Mandy at Sugar Bee Crafts where she converts her old crib frame into a holiday card holder.

Brilliant!  I put the frame up last night and I love it so much that, like Mandy, I may keep it up year round.  I hung it on nails pounded into the only two studs I have in that area of the wall.  Then I used command hooks to secure it a little more.



I even copied the cute little triangle flag banner.  Cut my triangles out of wrapping paper and glued them to a piece of ribbon. I can't wait to fill it up with Christmas cards! 

Have you been inspired to create this season?

1 comment: